Yes, we are making scrumptious looking and heavenly tasting ladoooos.. !!
Ahh… Love the combination of chocolate and coconut..!!
I feel chocolate is always best paired with coconut.. The blend of chocolate and coconut together creates magic..I am not joking, you must try it once..
I think i should disclose a secret or the best way to have them.. Keep them in the fridge for 1 hr before you serve ..And then prepare chocolate sauce ( see recipe below) , it should be served hot.. They taste heavenly with the hot chocolate dip.. I promise you will never forget this taste..!!
They can be made with variety of topping like ground almond, cashew, brown sugar, white chocolate, dark chocolate..
This is the best chocolate treat for kids and festive occasions ..
You can also make them colorful and with different flavors or according to the theme color of your party.. Here i give certain examples:
- Strawberry essence and Raspberry red color ( most tasty and beautiful looking)
- Pista essence and Green color
- Almond essence and roll in ground almonds
- Add Saffron and yellow color
Chocolate Coconut Ladoo
coconut powder or flakes – 250 gms
sugar (granules) – 250 gms
water – 1 glass
cocoa powder – 2 tablespoon
vanilla essence – 1/2 teaspoon
grated khoya ( thickened milk or whole dried milk) – 200 gms
extra coconut for rolling
- Take a pan. Add sugar and water. Keep it to cook and stir continuously till sugar dissolves completely. Now let it boil till one string syrup is formed.
- Now add khoya to it and stir again till khoya mixes completely with the sugar syrup. Take it down.
- Now add coconut powder, cocoa powder and vanilla essence. Mix properly and let it cool.
- Now make round balls out of it and roll in coconut flakes.
- Keep in the fridge to set and then serve.
dark chocolate(grated)- 100 gms
fresh cream – 1/2 cup
- Melt the chocolate using double boiler and add cream. Mix well for a min.
- Serve hot
EAT HEALTHY AND STAY HEALTHY
Do share how did you find the recipe. Btw, if you liked this sweet, you will definitely love my Hot Chocolate Pudding.