It is type of thick ITALIAN soup usually made by adding rice or pasta(mini shell or macaroni).. Main ingredients are beans, onion, carrot, celery and tomatoes.. But it can be made with any seasonal vegetables..
You have to be innovative and confident when you make such soups, becoz minestrone is a type of soup that can be made with so many twists.. You can add any vegetable of your choice and any type of pasta. If you want to make it more attractive to kids then add 3 to 4 types of pasta ( penne, spaghetti, fusilli, gomito).. But when you use such type of pastas, then boil them separately as all such types are thick and will take more time to become soft.. I am sure kids are going to love this soup as pasta would be there and you dont have to hesitate while making or serving this soup as at the same time it is very nutritive too..
Today i tried almost 10 different types of soup in my cooking class. Minestrone was the most colorful and best to taste.. Then i decided to make it at home for my family.. Everyone loved it especially my younger brother liked it a lot.. Do try it once 🙂
olive oil – 1 tablespoon
grated onion – 1 small
grated garlic cloves – 4
grated tomato – 1 large
finely chopped cabbage – 1/2 cup
finely chopped carrot – 1/4 cup
finely chopped capsicum -1/4 cup
french beans – 1 tablespoon
pasta ( shell or macaroni) – 1/2 cup
water – 2 glasses
cottage cheese (paneer) – 1/4 cup (cut in small cubes)
salt – 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon
white pepper ( can use black) – 1/4 teaspoon
cornflour – 1 tsp
- Take a pan. Add olive oil, chopped garlic and onion. Saute for a min or two.
- Add chopped cabbage, capsicum, carrot, beans and grated tomato. Mix it well.
- Now add cottage cheese and pasta.
- Add 2 glasses to water.
- Lastly add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and white pepper. Cover it and cook it over medium flame till pasta and vegetables become soft.
- Take a bowl, in it add 1/2 cup water and cornflour. Mix it properly.
- Now remove the cover and add cornflour and water mixture to pan. Stir continuously for a min.
- Before serving add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and serve hot.
Garnish with coriander leaves and fresh cream.
EAT HEALTHY AND STAY HEALTHY 🙂