Ah Yes, we are making Pasta Alla Vodka.. 🙂
This is my utter favorite among all pastas.. I know its your favourite too.. And if you have never tried this pasta before then i recommend you to try it once.. You all are gonna love it 🙂
There is a good story behind this pasta.. First time i had this pasta in REPLAY lounge and the whole credit goes to the prettiest lady mah best friend TASHI .. She was the one who made me try this pasta at replay.. I cant tell you guys, how tempting and inviting it was.. I was actually salivating.. And that very moment i had that delicious pasta directly from the serving bowl, I cudnt even wait till it was served.. 😛
Now i go to Replay just to have this delicious pasta.. I dun try anything else there.. But every time you cant manage to go just to have it, then i decided to try it out at home and guess what i was successful.. And it came out so well that now i feel its better to make it at home only as at home you are free to make changes according to your taste buds..
This was too crazy at my part, that i celebrated mah birthday party at replay this year just becoz of this alla vodka pasta 😛 I wanted that mah all friends should try this pasta and always remember mah birthday treat.. 😀 Jokes apart, lets make it finally..
olive oil – 2 tablespoon
butter – 2 tablespoon
chopped garlic cloves – 3 or 4
chopped onion – 1/2 cup
tomatoes – 1 kg
chilli flakes – 1/4 teaspoon
salt – 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon
black pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
penne pasta – 400 gms
heavy cream – 1/2 to 3/4 cup
vodka – 1/4 cup
parsley for garnishing
grated parmesan cheese/ mozarella cheese for garnishing
for boiling penne pasta :
water – 8 to 10 glasses
salt – 1/4 teaspoon
olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Blanching of Tomatoes : Directly roast on low heat or roast in oven for few secs. Now remove the knob and peel of the skin of the tomatoes and deseed. Slit tomatoes in 4 halves.
- Tomato Puree : Blend blanched tomatoes in the mixer very finely.
- Boiling of Penne Pasta : Boil water and add penne, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tsp olive oil. Wait till they start coming on the surface of the water. Drain the penne and slightly rub penne with olive oil so that they dont stick.
- Alla Vodka Sauce : Take a pan over low to medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. Let butter melt properly. Now add chopped onions and garlic. Saute for 2 mins or till they become golden in colour. Now add tomato puree and stir it continuously for a min. Now take it down ,transfer into the other bowl and let it cool ‘properly’. After cooling it completely, blend this mixture again in the mixer so that sauce becomes smooth and fine. Now transfer it again into the pan over low heat. Now add vodka and stir. Wait till first boil comes. Add salt, black pepper and chilli flakes. Then add fresh cream and mix it properly.
- Finally add boiled penne and mix lightly using 2 round spoons and take it down. Be careful not to overcook.
Garnish with grated cheese and parsley or basil leaves.
If sauce is thick or it becomes thick when you leave it for sometime then dun wry, simply add milk or warm water to change the consistency.
You can also add finely chopped zucchini, capsicum at the time you add fresh cream.
Servings : 6
EAT HEALTHY AND STAY HEALTHY 🙂